Did you stash a slice of leftover pizza in the freezer and are looking for the best way to microwave a frozen pizza slice? If that rainy day occasion has arrived and your looking for a quick bite to eat, then pull that slice of pizza out of the freezer and lets heat it up in the microwave.
In just a few minutes, you can be eating a warm slice of pizza you saved from last weeks order. So, how do you microwave frozen pizza slice? There are a few basics that go into the art of microwaving foods to perfection. In all reality, there are techniques available that result in drastically different outcomes.
Does putting a glass of water in the microwave with pizza work? To answer your question frankly, yes it does! With the right methods, you can avoid a soggy and rubbery crust. If the slice of pie is not completely frozen, then I recommend following the instructions for how to reheat pizza in the microwave to result in a crunchy crust every time.
Can you cook frozen pizza in the microwave? In reality, the microwave is the preferred cooking method for many people. However, there are certain brands of frozen pizza that work best in the microwave and there are also specific directions for how to microwave a frozen pizza to achieve a perfectly crispy crust.
How long to microwave frozen pizza slice
So is it ok to microwave a frozen pizza slice? Yes, however anyone that has tried to reheat a frozen pizza slice in the microwave has probably fallen flat once or twice before.
Anybody can throw a frozen slice of pizza in the microwave for 2 minutes, but we all know that the toppings will just turn out to be dry, overcooked and the crust will be rubbery.
Using an appropriate power setting is the initial key to successfully microwave a frozen pizza slice. Try 50% power (roughly 700-watts) for 30-second intervals. In total, you may need between 1½-2 minutes. Count on an extra minute if you are trying to heat up more that one frozen slice.
Best Way To Microwave Frozen Pizza Slice
If you have the leftover delicacy, then its worthwhile to treat it with the respect it deserves. Pizza is a holy grail in the food world, so lets show some respect when microwaving the slice of frozen pizza.
How do you make a frozen pizza slice better? The first step in the process it to defrost the frozen slice of pizza. Afterwards, we will take the extra step to make a crispy crust.
A microwave crisper pan helps to bring a golden brown crunchy crust back to life. If you reheat frozen pizza slice on the regular, then this kitchen gadget will be an essential tool in your repertoire.
Follow these easy steps to microwave a frozen pizza slice:
- Place a paper towel on a plate, and then put the frozen pizza slice on top.
- Microwave with 50% power for 1-minute to defrost. Set the slice of pizza off to the side to allow it another minute to defrost
- Preheat the microwave crisper pan.
- Fill a microwave safe cup two-thirds of the way full with water and place it in the microwave.
- Slide the defrosted pizza slice onto the hot crisper tray and then carefully position the pan on top of the cup of water in the microwave.
- Continue microwaving at 50% power (approximately 700-watts) for 30-second intervals until your pizza is the perfect temperature for you.
The USDA considers leftover pizza to be a potential food safety hazard and recommends that pizza be completely reheated to 165 °F.
Results may vary based on the type of microwave and the crisper pan your own. This method focuses on a two-pronged approach that begins with defrosting the slice of pizza, and then works on achieving a crispy pizza crust.
Things To Know About Microwaving Frozen Pizza Slices
Although it is safe to microwave frozen pizza, there are a few things that will improve the outcome and prevent a soggy crust.
- A pizza stone does not work in the microwave, so stick with a microwave crisper pan.
- Aluminum foil or metal is not the same as a microwave susceptor. Furthermore, it is not safe to use in a microwave because it can spark, start a fire and easily damage to your kitchen appliance
- Only use things that are labeled as “microwave-safe.”
- Adhere to the manufacturer recommendations that apply to your microwave.
- A microwave crisper pan can give your frozen pizza slice a crunchy crust.
- Pizza leftovers should be reheated to 165 °F.
If you only have a microwave and it is common for you to heat up a frozen pizza slice, then consider purchasing a toaster oven. It is relatively affordable and works much better for heating leftover pizza with a crispy crust, however a bit of defrosting is still required to fully accomplish the task.