Ramen noodles are a staple food for many individuals, it is quick, easy to prepare and jam packed with flavor. Additionally, access to stovetop for cooking isn’t necessary as you can microwave ramen in different ways.
How do you microwave ramen? For best results, boil water in the microwave, then add the package of ramen and nuke for 2 minutes or until the noodles are fully cooked.
The information provided in this write-up can help you understand how to cook ramen in microwave. Included below are helpful tips and tricks so that your noodles are perfectly cooked and don’t turn into mush.
Can you microwave ramen?
Yes, you can microwave ramen as it is the easiest way to cook packaged noodles to get the quickest results.
To cook packaged ramen in the microwave you should break the noodles into four quarters inside the package before opening it.
Either add the dry noodles to cold water in a microwave safe dish, or boil the water in the microwave before adding the pasta.
Pour the broken ramen into a microwave-safe bowl with a cup of water. Now microwave it until the noodles get soft and tender, you may need to check it after every one minute to achieve the correct doneness.
Mix in flavor packets provided with the package and add any garnishes like egg, hot sauce or steamed vegetables before serving them hot.
Is it safe to microwave ramen?
Yes, it is safe to microwave ramen if it is cooked in a microwave-safe bowl.
According to experts, you should not cook ramen in the microwave in a styrofoam cup as it can release BPA when heated.
If you have been microwaving cup noodles, or ramen packaged in a Styrofoam cup, then heat water in a separate container and pour it on the ramen in the cup instead of putting the disposable container directly into the microwave.
Is it bad to cook ramen in the microwave?
Yes, it is bad to cook ramen in the microwave if it is cooked in a Styrofoam cup. Use a microwave safe container for safest results.
To cook ramen, you can microwave the noodles in cold water, or you can boil the water before adding the noodles and continuing the cooking process.
You should never microwave ramen packaged in a Styrofoam cup. Styrofoam cups can increase the risk of cancer if heated directly in a microwave, so heat the water separately and pour it on the noodles in the cup to make them ready to eat
How do you microwave ramen?
Microwave ramen in a few easy to follow steps described here under.
Instead of using heating ramen in a styrofoam or plastic container, you should microwave ramen in a microwave safe bowl. The main reason behind avoiding these material in the microwave is that they potentially melt, warp or release harmful chemicals, even if it is BPA-free, when heated directly in the microwave.
Add two cups of water in a microwave-safe bowl and put it into the microwave and heat on high for 3 minutes to boil the water so it is hot enough to cook the noodles.
Before putting the noodles into the bowl with hot water, break them apart into four equal quarters so the moisture and heat from the water will effectively cook the noodles.
Place the bowl with the hot water and noodles back into the microwave and new of high for 1 minute. Stir the noodles and zap for another minute.
Add the flavor packet to the noodles and give it one last stir when you are ready to eat them with your favorite toppings. Thus you can microwave ramen in a few easy steps.
How long do I cook ramen noodles in the microwave?
Cook ramen noodles in the microwave for 3-5 minutes or until the noodles become soft.
The time taken to cook ramen noodles can depend upon the microwave wattage as well as the quantity of ramen noodles you are cooking. Ultimately, you should check the doneness of the noodles after every minute until they are cooked to the level of doneness that you enjoy.
Tips to Microwave Ramen
There are a helpful tips to microwave ramen that will greatly improve your results.
- Use a microwave soup bowl and pour water into it depending upon the amount of ramen noodles you want to microwave. For a single packet of ramen noodles, 2 cups of water are enough.
- Add an extra cup of water if you are cooking more than one packet of noodles.
- Put the bowl into the microwave to heat the water for 2-3 minutes. Some microwaves can take up to 5 minutes to heat the water, the difference is the wattage level of the appliance.
- When the water heats up you should use microwave mitts to take the bowl out of the microwave as it will be hot enough.
- Before putting noodles into the hot water you should decide how you will like to eat them. Either you can break them into small pieces or cook them as a whole block without changing their size.
- Now add the noodles to the bowl of hot water and try to cover them completely. Now place the bowl with noodles into the microwave again to nuke them for 1 minute increments.
- Do not cook them for more than 2 minutes as it will make the noodles soggy and mushy by overcooking them.
- Add the flavor you have got with the package of ramen to season the noodles and top with veggies, spicy sauces or a microwaved egg for extra protein.
- Give it a quick stir and your noodles are ready to eat if you have followed all the tips discussed in this write-up.
Best way to microwave ramen
The best way to microwave ramen is to boil water in a microwave safe container. Then, pour the hot water over the top of the noodles and continue microwaving for 2 minutes.
To complete this process, microwave 2 cups of water in a microwave-safe bowl for 2-3 minutes. Break the noodles in the package of ramen and pour them into the bowl of hot water.
Microwave the noddles in the hot water for 2-3 minutes more. Then, add flavors to your noodles, garnish with bean sprouts, shredded carrots, and top with hot sauce and a fried egg before serving them to eat.