Those who have not tasted microwave ramen with egg have surely missed out on the best food ever. It is delicious and fulfilling way to enjoy microwave ramen even more.
For those who love to eat eggs, this dish is like a dream come true. Adding an egg increases the nutritional value and makes the ramen taste like it was being served at a fancy ramen restaurant.
How do you microwave ramen with egg? Microwave ramen by heating 2 cups of water for 3 minutes in a microwave safe bowl, then add the noodles and continue nuking for 2 minutes. Stir in the seasoning and allow the ramen to sit while you microwave the egg to your desired doneness. Boiled eggs should be microwaved before the ramen, all other egg preparations should be done after the noodles are cooked.
This article details the best way to microwave ramen with an egg. Covered below are the steps to take and a few helpful microwave tips along the way, continue reading for the answers to all your egg with ramen related questions.
Can you microwave an egg in ramen?
Yes, you can microwave an egg with ramen. Understand the correct way to do it so that the ramen is perfectly cooked and the egg is the way you like it.
If you have not tried it for yourself, then microwave egg with ramen is worth trying. Adding a microwaved egg to this recipe is a great source of added protein for the noodles.
It is upon you to decide whether you would like to have one egg or two eggs, and how you would like the egg cooked.
To make a boiled egg in the microwave, place the eggs in a safe bowl meant for microwave and cover the eggs with warm water. Microwave on high for 2 minutes and allow them to sit in the hot water for another 2 minutes for the eggs to be soft cooked, allow them to sit for 5 minutes for hard boiled eggs.
The boiled eggs can then be added to the ramen broth after it is fully cooked. Cut these eggs into desired pieces and place it on the top of the ramen noodles and broth to enhance its look. Adding chopped vegetables, scallions, bean sprouts, ginger, and garlic paste will further make it taste delicious.
Can you add a poached egg to ramen?
Yes, a poached egg can be added to ramen. The taste of the poached egg is slightly different as compared to the boiled egg. Some people prefer to eat ramen with poached egg rather than with boiled egg or fried.
The poached egg is basically cooked in a delicate manner as compared to the boiling where the temperature is kept high and the egg remains in the shell. Moreover, if the egg is not fully cooked the nutritional value of this recipe will be on a higher side.
Some people like to place the poached egg on top of the ramen, while others prefer to break it slightly so that the yolk part oozes out. One can say that poached egg is basically cooking the egg delicately where the white part is slightly cooked while the yolk part remains soft and runny.
To make a poached egg in the microwave, heat a cup of water in a microwave safe bowl for 2 minutes until it is about to boil. Crack a room temperature egg into the hot water and nuke for 30 seconds or until the egg white is set and the yolk is custard-like.
Try this recipe if you have not tasted it before, it is quite simple and easy to make. Poached eggs are a great addition to your microwaved ramen.
When should you add egg to ramen?
There are two ways to add egg to ramen. The first is adding an egg while the ramen is cooking, and the other one is to first cook the ramen and afterwards add the egg to it. Both ways produce different results.
As covered above, there are many different ways to prepare an egg to add to your microwaved ramen.
You can add either hard-boiled or soft boiled egg to the ramen as per your taste and liking. There are other methods like poaching, simmering, and scrambling.
- For hard-boiled and soft-boiled, it should be added after the ramen is cooked.
- For simmered and poached, the eggs can be added while the ramen is cooking in the hot water.
- For fried or scrambled, you need to first cook eggs to your liking and after that you can add it to the hot bowl of ramen.
Each of these microwave cooking methods are great, but it is important to know the right time to add the eggs to the ramen.
Tips to Microwave Ramen with Egg
If you are preparing ramen with eggs in the microwave for the first time, do not be in any hurry. There are some important tips that should be kept in mind so that you avoid any unnecessary mishaps.
- Whenever you are using the microwave to boil eggs, it is important that you ensure that the eggs are fully submerged in the water. If not done correctly, there is a chance that the egg will burst in the microwave.
- Boiled eggs are microwaved before the ramen. Otherwise microwave the ramen and then quickly nuke the egg to the doneness you prefer.
- Keep on checking it after two minutes to ensure there is enough water in the ramen. If the water is less add some more water so that the cooking of ramen is done properly. Not enough water can cause the ramen to stick to the bowl, burn and might start smelling like smoke.
- Set proper time that is required to complete the entire cooking process. The manufacturer will include microwaving instructions on the side of the ramen package that are specific to the brand.
- When microwaving dishware, the preferable materials are glass and ceramic bowls. Though it may seem fancy to serve your ramen in a wooden bowl, they are not recommended for microwave use. Additionally, some people prefer to stay away from microwaving plastic due to the potential of melting, warping or leaching chemicals into hot food.
- The bowl kept in the microwave should neither be too big nor too small. So, choose the correct size microwave soup bowl for the amount of ramen and eggs your are cooking.
Best way to add egg to microwave ramen
All the above-mentioned methods can be used to add an egg to ramen in the microwave. Detailed below are a few additional steps for you to choose between.
The less time consuming method would be to soft-boil an egg in the microwave since you can boil the eggs in advance, then add it when the ramen is done cooking.
If you are boiling the egg in the shell, then cook the boiled egg beforehand. Place the egg in a microwave safe dish that can cover the egg with it being submerged in water.
Nuke on high for 3 minutes and allow the egg to sit in the hot water while the ramen is cooking. If the egg it not fully submerged in the water, it may explode, so use caution when microwaving whole eggs.
Otherwise, first cook the ramen. Nuke two cups of water in a microwave safe dish for 3 minutes, or until it is boiling hot.
Then add the ramen to the hot water, and microwave for 2 minutes, or until the noodles are fully cooked. Add the seasoning packet, give the noodles a good stir and leave them in the hot water while you microwave the egg to your liking.
Choose your preferred method to cook the egg to the consistency you desire. After the egg is cooked, add it to the ramen noodles.
Garnish with sliced green onions, bean sprouts, shredded carrots, tofu or any other ramen toppings that you enjoy most. You will be impressed by the delicious and mouth-watering dish in front of you.
Microwave ramen is also a great dish to be served at anytime you are looking for a hearty bowl of broth soup. However, its a dish that calls for added protein.
Microwaved ramen with eggs is very simple and hardly takes more than a few minutes to satisfy your craving. Serve it hot and enjoy it anytime you are in need of a quick fix for your hunger pains.