Microwave Cookies are the answer to your late-night sweet cravings! Get ready to indulge in a gooey and chocolaty cookie in just a few minutes. This quick and easy microwave cookie recipe is the perfect dessert to satisfy your sweet tooth even without an oven. Only about 6 minutes are needed in total!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- You can make cookies without an oven! No need for fancy baking equipment, just a microwave.
- Ready in a few minutes.
- These microwave cookies are made with just a few simple ingredients that are already found in your pantry.
- Just as easy and delicious as a mug cake!
- Best snack choice for busy or lazy days.
- Perfect if you love warm and freshly baked cookies but do not want the hassle of baking a whole batch of cookies.
- These cookies are made without an oven.
- No need to turn on the oven, air fryer, or toaster oven.
- A sweet treat after a long day, even kids will surely love it!
- This is a fun microwave chocolate chip cookie recipe! You can experiment with different toppings or variations.
- Easy yet impressive dessert or snack since you can decorate the cookie with different garnishes.
- Check out this easy Peanut Butter Mug Cake or this Microwave Fudge for another microwave dessert recipe!
What is a Microwave Cookie?
A microwave cookie is a soft, chewy, homemade cookie that can be made even without an oven.
This easy-to-make snack is the best choice during busy and lazy days or if you want to make a dessert for one.
Just mix the ingredients, pop them in the microwave, then you have your homemade gooey and chocolate treat!
Feel free to use white chocolate chips, mini chocolate chips, or another mix-in. These microwave cookies are customizable!
This Snickerdoodle Mug Cake is another favorite microwave dessert.
Ingredients and Substitutions
Scroll down to the bottom for the full microwave cookies recipe.
Unsalted butter needs to be melted first to ensure that the mixture will be smooth when the ingredients will be combined.
Granulated sugar adds sweetness to the recipe without overpowering the flavors from the other ingredients.
Brown sugar provides a richer and more complex flavor while also soaking up extra moisture from the dough and preventing the microwave cookie to become too dense.
Vanilla extract enhances the taste of brown sugar and butter.
Using egg yolk instead of whole eggs will make your microwave cookie super gooey and chewy. I have not tried an eggless version. Try these eggless chocolate chip cookies if desired!
I use all-purpose flour to get the best consistency. If you do not have this in your pantry, you can substitute it with other types of flour like almond flour using a 1:1 ratio.
Chocolate chips are added to have a gooey chocolaty flavor. If you want a different flavor, you can use peanut butter, oatmeal, nuts, or even dried fruits.
Use flaky sea salt as a garnish to balance out the sweetness of your microwave cookie.
Taste and Texture
Freshly made microwave cookies are warm with a chewy center.
As it cools down, the edges become crisp.
If you leave it out longer, it becomes slightly more crispy.
Eat it while it is still warm and gooey so you can enjoy the chocolaty goodness of the chocolate chips! They taste like classic cookies. They are buttery and sweet.
How to Make
In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds until completely melted.
Add the granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and egg yolk to the melted butter. Stir until smooth and well combined.
Add the flour to the bowl. Mix until fully combined.
Fold the chocolate chips into the dough.
Take a small microwave-safe plate and lightly grease it with cooking spray or butter.
Drop cookie dough by the spoonful onto the greased plate. Place several inches apart. The cookies will spread as they cook, so leave enough room between them.
Place the plate in the microwave. Cook on high power for 60 to 90 seconds. The cooking time will vary depending on the wattage of the microwave. Keep a close eye on the cookies.
The cookies are done when they look set.
Remove the plate from the microwave carefully.
Enjoy warm and gooey microwave cookies! Garnish with sea salt if desired.
Expert Tips and Tricks
Follow the measurements accurately as successful baking depends on the correct ratio of the ingredients. These microwave cookies turn out perfectly!
Grease the microwave-safe plate with butter or cooking spray to avoid the cookies from sticking. Or, use parchment paper to easily separate the cookie from the plate.
When placing the cookie dough on the plate, use a scooper to achieve a perfect cookie shape. Ensure that there is enough space between them.
Cooking times may vary depending on the wattage of your microwave, so it is a good idea to start with a shorter cooking time and adjust as needed.
The cookies are done when they look set and slightly firm to the touch.
Toppings and Flavors
This microwave cookie recipe is versatile as you can experiment with different flavors and toppings.
Be creative in customizing your microwave cookie.
Instead of chocolate chips, you can use other mix-ins like nuts, dried fruits, or even a swirl of peanut butter.
If you want a colorful cookie, use sprinkles or M&M’s.
Make your simple microwave cookies fancier and tastier by topping it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Drizzle with your choice of syrup.
Choose whatever you like depending on your mood!
How to Serve and Store
Microwave cookies can be served as a dessert or a snack. You will also love this Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge!
This is also perfect if you are living alone and would like to whip up a sweet treat for yourself since you can easily adjust its serving size.
The cookie is best enjoyed while it is still warm so it will still be soft and chewy.
If you want to save it for later, make sure to store it in an airtight container.
The goal is to keep moisture and air out so you can keep it fresh and prevent it from drying out.
When stored at room temperature, they will be fresh for two to three days.
If stored in the fridge, they can last up to seven days.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes. You can microwave cookie dough but make sure that it is soft. If it is too firm, it might not cook evenly and end up burning.
Yes. This microwave cookie recipe is a good reference if you want to try making cookies in the microwave. By heating the cookie dough in the microwave for a few seconds, you get to have a freshly “baked” cookie! Perfect if you want cookies but do not have a lot of time to bake.
Whether you are craving cookies but do not have an oven at home or if you broke your oven, you can make these cookies with just a microwave! The recipe for a microwave cookie varies a bit from that of a traditionally baked cookie, but it still tastes great!
Yes, you can enjoy this sweet treat without gluten. You just need to substitute all-purpose flour for gluten-free flour and understand how it might affect the recipe so you can avoid compromising its texture and flavor.
Microwave: Check out these Recommended Microwaves.
Mixing Bowl: These are great mixing bowls for baking microwave cookies.
Measuring Cups: Use these glass measuring cups for accurate measurements.
Parchment Paper: Line the plate with parchment paper or grease with butter or nonstick spray. This prevents sticking and allows for easy removal.
You May Also Enjoy
- Microwave Creamy Oatmeal
- Microwave Popcorn Without Burning
- Peanut Brittle in Microwave
- Microwave Cream of Wheat
- Microwave Oatmeal
These microwave cookies are so quick and easy to make! This recipe takes only a few minutes in total. The cookies come out soft, gooey, chocolaty, and sweet. They are the perfect simple dessert for any occasion!
- • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- • 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- • 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- • 1 egg yolk
- • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- • 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- • Flaky sea salt, to garnish
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds until completely melted.
- Add the granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and egg yolk to the melted butter. Stir until smooth and well combined.
- Add the flour to the bowl. Mix until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Fold int he chocolate chips into the cookie dough.
- Take a small microwave-safe plate and lightly grease it with cooking spray or butter.
- Drop cookie dough by the spoonful onto the greased plate. Place a few inches apart. The cookies will spread as they cook, so leave enough room between them.
- Place the plate in the microwave. Cook on high power for 60 to 90 seconds. Cooking time will vary depending on the wattage of the microwave. Keep a close eye on the cookies.
- The cookies are done when they look set. Do not overcook them.
- Remove the plate from the microwave carefully. Allow cookies to firm up as they cool down.
- Enjoy warm and gooey cookies! Garnish with sea salt if desired.
- Use just the egg yolk, not the whole egg.
- Allow enough room between the dough balls. They will spread as they cook.
- Each microwave is different. Check the cookies after 60 seconds. Add more time as needed.
- The plate may be hot. Use oven mitts.
- Store the cookies at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 170Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5.3gCholesterol: 61.4mgSodium: 394.3mgCarbohydrates: 21.4gFiber: 0.7gSugar: 14.7gProtein: 2g
Enjoy these microwave cookies! For more recipes, check out these Microwave Recipes.