Microwave fudge is a must-have dessert recipe for chefs of all skill levels! This easy recipe makes the perfect chocolate dessert so easy and delicious that it will become your new go-to treat for holidays, parties, and anytime you need a little fudge. This recipe requires only 3 main ingredients. You can add in your favorite mix-ins for a totally customizable treat!
What You Will Love About This Recipe
- Microwaving makes preparing the perfect decadent fudgy dessert so easy!
- The combination of chocolate and sweetened condensed milk make for a lush, creamy, and elegant chocolate flavor.
- Microwave fudge is a great easy recipe for making and sharing around the busy holiday season!
- Not only do little ones love to eat this fudge, but they can also help measure and mix this delicious recipe!
- Get creative and make it your own by mixing in nuts, chocolate pieces, fruit, or any other yummy add-ins to make the flavor your own!
- I make this every Christmas holiday season and add crushed candy canes on top. Friends and family love it!
- Make this creamy fudge to share at the party and watch it fly off the plate.
- It is made with only three main ingredients.
- This fudge recipe is way easier than traditional methods. No need to turn on the stovetop!
- This recipe is naturally gluten-free.
- Check out this Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge or this Microwave Peanut Brittle for another favorite dessert recipe.
Ingredients & Substitutions
Scroll down to the recipe card for the full microwave fudge recipe.
Semi-sweet chocolate chips have the right balance of sweet chocolate flavors to make a decadent and balanced fudgy flavor. If you like a little bit of a deeper flavor you can use dark chocolate.
Sweetened condensed milk is a pantry staple! Use your favorite brand of this creamy classic.
Vanilla extract brings a warm toastiness and coziness to this rich fudge. Try to select natural pure vanilla extract for the most authentically delicious flavor.
Salt adds a hint of savory salty flavor and helps to balance all the sweet, chocolatey, and creamy flavors in this amazing fudge!
This simple recipe makes a basic chocolate fudge that can be amped up with the right additional mix-ins. Try adding in your favorite style of nuts or dried fruit for an extra elegant bite or keep it fun by adding mini marshmallows or candies. Have fun making delicious flavor combinations with this tasty fudge recipe.
You can use sea salt as an optional finishing touch on this flavorful microwave fudge.
Taste & Texture
There is nothing quite like this chocolaty bite! The smooth and creamy combination of semi-sweet chocolate and sweetened condensed milk makes for a rich yet smooth fudgy flavor.
The texture of this sweet microwave fudge treat is unbeatable. It is dense yet melts in your mouth leaving you wanting more!
How To Make
In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the semisweet chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk.
Microwave the bowl on high for 1 minute.
Remove the bowl from the microwave and stir the mixture until the chocolate chips are completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
If the chocolate chips are not fully melted, return the bowl to the microwave and heat in 30-second intervals, stirring well after each interval, until the mixture is smooth and fully melted.
Stir in the vanilla extract and a pinch of salt. Mix well.
If desired, add in any optional add-ins, such as chopped nuts, marshmallows, or dried fruit. Stir until they are evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
Pour the fudge mixture into a parchment-lined 8×8-inch baking dish.
Smooth the top of the fudge with a spatula or the back of a spoon.
Refrigerate the fudge for at least 2 hours, or until it becomes firm and set.
Once the fudge is chilled and firm, remove it from the fridge. Cut it into small squares or desired shapes.
Lastly, serve and enjoy your homemade microwave fudge! Garnish with sea salt if desired.
Expert Tips & Tricks
Use chocolate chips that melt well.
Do not overheat the chocolate! You cannot save burnt chocolate so remember to use short increments if it is not fully melted after the first minute.
Stop and stir as needed. Do not microwave for too long.
You can make this fudge into a super festive treat by using cookie cutters to slice it into shapes.
Use parchment paper to line the baking pan. This makes removal easy.
Allow the microwave fudge to fully cool and become set.
Fudge Flavor Ideas
Bring big flavors to life by trying these tasty fudge mix-in ideas. This microwave fudge is completely customizable.
For this tasty rendition, grab caramel bits and fold them into the wet fudge. After it sets, finish it with flaky sea salt and a caramel drizzle.
To make this nutty twist, grab toasted hazelnuts and chop them very finely. Fold them into the fudge and before it sets, sprinkle even more on top and gently press so there is no mistaking the nutty flavor in this fudge! This will taste like Nutella fudge.
Or, feel free to use chopped cashews, peanuts, pecans, or almonds.
Chocolate and fruit are a match made in heaven, so grab some dried strawberries and chop them up. Toss the dried berries into the fudge. Serve each slice fresh with a fresh strawberry slice.
If you want to add some kid-friendly texture and color to this dessert try folding in some Mini M&Ms. Press a few extra candies into the top before it sets for extra color and watch the little ones light up when you serve this fun treat!
How to Serve & Store
This simple microwave fudge recipe makes the perfect dessert for afternoon pick-me-ups, holiday parties, birthdays, and more!
Enjoy this fudge chilled or at room temperature.
This delicious fudge is easy to store. Store this treat in an airtight container. Be sure to put wax paper between layers of fudge if you need to stack it to fit it in the container.
Properly stored fudge can be kept at room temperature for up to 2 weeks or in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
Microwave-Safe Bowl – The trick to this easy microwave fudge is of course a microwave! So choose a non-metal microwave-safe bowl to melt and fix this chocolatey treat in.
Baking Dish – For this easy recipe use an 8×8-inch baking dish and to make removing it from the pan even easier, first line the pan with parchment paper.
You May Also Like
- Microwave Cookies
- Microwave Caramel Sauce
- Peanut Butter Mug Cake
- How to Microwave Pop Tarts
- How to Microwave Instant Oatmeal
Enjoy this microwave chocolate fudge recipe!
This microwave fudge is rich, decadent, and chocolaty! It takes only 5 minutes to prep. Only 3 main ingredients are needed. Fudge has never been so quick, easy, and delicious!
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Optional add-ins: nuts, marshmallows, dried fruit
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the semisweet chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk.
- Microwave the bowl on high for 1 minute.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave and stir the mixture until the chocolate chips are completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- If the chocolate chips are not fully melted, return the bowl to the microwave and heat in 30-second intervals, stirring well after each interval, until the mixture is smooth and fully melted.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and a pinch of salt. Mix well.
- If desired, add in any optional add-ins, such as chopped nuts, marshmallows, or dried fruit. Stir until they are evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
- Pour the fudge mixture into an 8x8-inch baking dish lined with parchment paper for easy removal.
- Smooth the top of the fudge with a spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Refrigerate the fudge for at least 2 hours, or until it becomes firm and set.
- Once the fudge is chilled and firm, remove it from the refrigerator and cut it into small squares or desired shapes.
- Serve and enjoy your homemade microwave fudge! Garnish with sea salt.
- Use a brand of chocolate chips that melt easily.
- Melt the chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk until fully creamy. Microwave for 60 seconds, then in 30-second increments as needed. Stop and stir to prevent burning.
- Line the pan with parchment paper for easy removal.
- Store at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 148Total Fat: 8.2ggSaturated Fat: 5.1ggUnsaturated Fat: 0.1ggCholesterol: 0.8mgmgSodium: 3.1mgmgCarbohydrates: 19.3ggFiber: 2ggSugar: 17.3ggProtein: 2.2gg