This Snickerdoodle mug cake is a quick and easy dessert that is perfect for one! This recipe is made with just a few simple ingredients and can be whipped up in minutes. The cake is moist, tender, and has the perfect amount of cinnamon sugar flavor. In addition, it is topped with a delicious cinnamon sugar coating that takes it over the top!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
There are so many reasons why you’ll love this Snickerdoodle mug cake recipe! Here are a few:
- It is quick and easy to make.
- Just mix the ingredients together, pour them into a mug, and microwave for a few minutes.
- It is perfect for one. This single serving dessert is delicious.
- No need to share this delicious cake with anyone!
- It is customizable.
- You can add your favorite toppings, such as chocolate chips, nuts, or dried fruit.
- It’s a great way to use up leftover ingredients. If you have some flour, sugar, and cinnamon in your pantry, you can make this cake in no time.
- It is a fun and easy dessert to make with kids.
- They will love helping you mix the ingredients together and watching the cake cook in the microwave.
- This mug cake can be easily made gluten-free. In addition, it is already egg-free.
- Check out this Oreo Mug Cake or this Protein Chocolate Mug Cake for another delicious microwave dessert!
Ingredients and Substitutions
Scroll down to the bottom for the full microwave Snickerdoodle mug cake recipe.
All-purpose flour adds substance. Feel free to substitute with gluten-free 1 to 1 flour if needed.
Baking powder helps the cake rise.
Ground cinnamon and sugar add the classic cinnamon sugar flavor! For a refined sugar-free option, replace with coconut sugar.
Use any type of milk. Dairy-free and regular both work well.
Unsalted butter adds moisture. In addition, it adds a classic buttery flavor.
A little bit of vanilla extract adds a cozy flavor.
Lastly, top the Snickerdoodle mug cake with cinnamon sugar before microwaving!
Taste and Texture
This Snickerdoodle mug cake is moist, tender, and has the perfect amount of cinnamon flavor.
The cinnamon sugar topping adds a delicious crunch and sweetness.
The cake is best served warm, but it is also good at room temperature.
For an easy chocolate version, make this Nutella Mug Cake!
How to Make
First, in a microwave-safe mug, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and granulated sugar until well combined.
Stir in the milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract, mixing until you have a smooth batter with no lumps.
Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar evenly over the top of the batter.
Place the mug in the microwave and cook on high for about 1 minute and 15 seconds to 2 minutes. Check the cake after 60 seconds. Then, add more cooking time in 10-second increments as needed.
The Snickerdoodle mug cake is ready when it has risen and looks firm on top, and the cinnamon sugar forms a slightly crunchy topping.
Carefully remove the mug from the microwave and let the cake cool for a minute or two before enjoying it.
You can eat the Snickerdoodle mug cake directly from the mug or transfer it to a plate if you prefer.
Expert Tips and Tricks
Here are a few expert tips and tricks for making the perfect Snickerdoodle mug cake.
Use a mug that is at least 8 ounces in size. Anything smaller will overflow.
Use room temperature ingredients. This will help the cake cook evenly.
Do not overmix the batter. Overmixing can make the cake tough.
After the initial 60 seconds, microwave the cinnamon sugar mug cake in 10-second intervals as needed. This will help prevent the cake from overcooking.
This Snickerdoodle mug cake is delicious with some vanilla ice cream on top!
Add a scoop of ice cream on top as soon as the mug cake comes out of the microwave. It will melt and be creamy!
Or, feel free to add some whipped cream on top.
How to Serve and Store
This snickerdoodle mug cake is best served warm.
You can also serve it at room temperature. If you have leftovers, you can store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, microwave the cake in 30-second intervals until warmed through.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes, mug cakes are safe to eat.
There are a few reasons why mug cakes turn out rubbery. Overmixing the batter can yield a rubbery mug cake. In addition, overcooking will lead to a rubbery cake.
Use a mug that is at least 8 ounces large. I prefer 12-ounce mugs.
Replace the all-purpose flour with gluten-free 1 to 1 flour.
Use vegan butter and vegan milk to make this mug cake vegan.
There is no egg needed. Most regular-sized cakes only have a few eggs anyway. This cake is so small that no egg is needed.
Snickerdoodle cake is a cake with a strong cinnamon sugar flavor.
Microwave Safe Mug: These mugs are very big but great for making snickerdoodle mug cakes!
Set of 4 Mugs: These mugs are a little smaller. Use a mug that is at least 8 ounces in capacity.
Check out all of my kitchen favorites!
You May Also Enjoy
- Microwave Cookies
- Peanut Butter Mug Cake
- Microwave Peanut Brittle
- How to Microwave Pop Tarts
- Microwave Caramel Sauce
This snickerdoodle mug cake takes just a few minutes to make! The cinnamon sugar flavor is strong, delicious, and sweet. This mug cake is the perfect dessert!
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar (1 tablespoon granulated sugar mixed with 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon)
- In a microwave-safe mug, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and granulated sugar until well combined.
- Stir in the milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract, mixing until you have a smooth batter with no lumps.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar evenly over the top of the batter.
- Place the mug in the microwave and cook on high for about 1 minute 15 seconds to 2 minutes. The cooking time may vary depending on your microwave's power. Keep a close eye on it to avoid overcooking, as the cake may become dry. Check the mug cake after 60 seconds. Microwave in 10 second increments as needed.
- The snickerdoodle mug cake is ready when it has risen and looks firm on top, and the cinnamon sugar forms a slightly crunchy topping.
- Carefully remove the mug from the microwave (it will be hot!) and let the cake cool for a minute or two before enjoying.
- You can eat the snickerdoodle mug cake directly from the mug or transfer it to a plate if you prefer.
- Lastly, feel free to add a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top for an extra indulgence.
- If you are gluten-free, use gluten-free flour. I love King Arthur Flour and Bob's Red Mill.
- Use at least an 8 ounce mug.
- All microwaves are different. Mine is 1200 watts and took 60 seconds. After 60 seconds, check on the mug cake.
- If more time is needed, microwave in 10 second increments.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 424Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 8.7gUnsaturated Fat: 4.9gCholesterol: 31.4mgSodium: 195.7mgCarbohydrates: 67gFiber: 1.8gSugar: 44gProtein: 7.2g