This microwave peanut butter fudge is a must-have treat! This quick and easy recipe is the perfect dessert to make! Only four ingredients and 5 minutes of prep time are needed. The fudge comes out smooth, creamy, nutty, and decadent. This Microwave Chocolate Fudge is delicious too!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- This microwave peanut butter fudge is quick and easy!
- Only four ingredients are needed.
- Make this sweet to share at holidays and parties and watch it fly off the plate!
- With this easy microwaved recipe, you can have the perfect fudge mixture ready in a few minutes.
- The ingredients are affordable pantry staples. You probably already have the ingredients in your kitchen pantry.
- This nutty fudge is perfect for sweet snack boards, charcuterie boards, or assorted trays!
- Serve this fudge in Christmas boxes, as birthday gifts, or for entertaining.
- This simple recipe makes the most flavorful peanut butter fudge.
- It is much easier and quicker than using an oven or a stovetop.
- If you want to mix it up, you can easily stir chocolate, nuts, or dried fruit into this fudge to make the flavor unique and totally you!
- This recipe is naturally gluten-free.
- Peanut butter fudge makes a great sweet gift.
- Check out this Microwave Peanut Brittle too!
Ingredients & Substitutions
Scroll down to the recipe card for the full microwave peanut butter fudge recipe.
Creamy peanut butter has the right texture and flavor for this easy dessert. Choose your favorite creamy peanut butter to bring the signature smooth and nutty flavor to this delicious fudge recipe. Jif is a great option.
Unsalted butter is the right choice for this recipe to balance the naturally salty flavor of the peanut butter and add deliciously creamy notes to the fudge. If needed, use dairy-free butter sticks.
Vanilla has a naturally smooth and earthy sweetness that complements the creamy peanut butter flavor in this fudge beautifully. Choose natural pure vanilla extract for the most natural vanilla flavor.
Powdered sugar is the perfect sweetener for this recipe. It adds a sugary flavor and it contributes to the thick fudgy texture.
Taste & Texture
Smooth, creamy, nutty, and just sweet enough, this microwave peanut butter fudge has the perfect flavor!
This treat is loaded with toasty nuttiness and balanced with a nice sweet finish, but what makes it really shine is the texture!
It is firm yet melty and smoothly delicious!
How to Make
In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the peanut butter and butter.
Microwave the mixture on high for 1 minute, or until the butter is melted.
Carefully, remove the bowl from the microwave and stir the mixture until smooth and well combined. Add the vanilla to the mixture and stir again.
Gradually add the powdered sugar, ½ cup at a time, and stir well after each addition until the mixture looks crumbly.
Return the bowl to the microwave and heat the mixture on high for 1 to 2 minutes or until it becomes soft and easy to stir.
Carefully remove the bowl from the microwave and stir the mixture until it is smooth and creamy.
Pour the peanut butter fudge mixture into a greased or parchment-lined baking dish. Use a spatula or spoon to smooth the top of the fudge.
Refrigerate the fudge for at least 2 hours or until it is fully set.
Once the fudge is firm and set, remove it from the refrigerator and cut it into the desired size pieces.
Serve and enjoy your homemade microwave peanut butter fudge!
Expert Tips for Success
Use a thick creamy peanut butter like Jif. Natural peanut butter may be too thin.
Slowly add and stir in the powdered sugar.
If you want to give your fudge a stunning look, try pressing some halved peanuts into the top of the fudge before it is set. I always add some mini chocolate chips on top!
Use a ruler to measure and score the microwave peanut butter fudge before slicing, that way every piece is uniform and oh-so-delicious!
Tasty Variations & Add-Ins
Fruit and Nuts: For a fun play on peanut butter and jelly, try this yummy twist! Before pouring the fudgy batter into the mold fold some raisins or dried cranberries into the mix and then let it set as directed. The fruit adds a nice bite of surprisingly sweet flavor!
Extra Nutty: If you cannot get enough peanut butter flavor, then this variation is for you! Fold some diced toasted peanuts into the fudge batter before pouring it into the mold. This adds an exciting and tasty crunch to every bite!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip: Chocolate lovers will rejoice at this tasty take on a classic combo. Fold some dark chocolate chips into the batter before pouring it into the mold. The final fudge will be a beautiful medley of nuts and chocolate. This is my favorite way to make microwave peanut butter fudge!
How to Serve & Store
This nutty confection is the right treat for any occasion. This twist on the classic chocolate fudge is a surprising addition to dessert buffets, sweet snack boards, and holiday assortments. From birthdays to office parties to holidays, every time is the right time for this easy peanut butter fudge!
One fun trick for serving this peanut butter fudge is to cut it with cookie cutters. Then you have the ideal shape for any occasion.
This tasty fudge is super easy to store, and although it is so delicious there will not be much left to save! To store the sliced fudge, place it in an airtight container. Be sure to put wax paper between the layers of fudge so it does not stick together. Do not store in the fridge.
If you freeze the microwave peanut butter fudge, allow it to fully thaw before eating.
Microwave-Safe Bowl – To make this simple microwave peanut butter fudge, you do not need to make a mess or use too many tools. Just grab a microwave-safe bowl and something to stir with and you are all set to get cooking!
Baking Dish – An 8-inch by 8-inch baking dish is the perfect mold for this Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge. Grease it well or line it with parchment paper to ensure that the fudge is easy to slice and remove after it is set.
You May Also Like
- Microwave Cookies
- Peanut Butter Mug Cake
- How to Microwave Pop Tarts
- Microwave Caramel Sauce
- How to Microwave Instant Oatmeal
If you enjoy this microwave peanut butter fudge recipe, please leave a rating and review!
This microwave peanut butter fudge is quick, easy, rich, and creamy! The peanut butter flavor is strong and delicious. The microwave makes this fudge so simple and straightforward!
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the creamy peanut butter and unsalted butter.
- Microwave the bowl on high for 1 minute, or until the butter is melted.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave and stir the peanut butter and butter mixture until smooth and well combined.
- Add the vanilla extract to the mixture and stir again.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar, about 1/2 cup at a time, stirring well after each addition. The mixture will become thick and slightly crumbly.
- Once all the powdered sugar is incorporated, microwave the mixture on high for another 1 to 2 minutes, until it becomes soft and easy to stir.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave and give the mixture a good stir until it is smooth and creamy.
- Pour the peanut butter fudge mixture into a greased 8x8-inch baking dish or line the dish with parchment paper for easy removal.
- Smooth the top of the fudge with a spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Refrigerate the fudge for at least 2 hours, or until it becomes firm and set.
- Once the fudge is chilled and firm, remove it from the refrigerator and cut it into small squares or desired shapes.
- Serve and enjoy your homemade microwave peanut butter fudge!
- Use a classic creamy peanut butter like Jif.
- Add in the powdered sugar slowly.
- Allow the fudge enough time to become fully set. This usually takes about 2 hours.
- Do not store fudge in the fridge after it has cooled.
- Store at room temperature wrapped in wax paper for up to 2 weeks.
Serving Size:1 bar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 250Total Fat: 14ggSaturated Fat: 5.2ggUnsaturated Fat: 5.8ggCholesterol: 15.3mgmgSodium: 70mgmgCarbohydrates: 29.8ggFiber: 0.8ggSugar: 27.4ggProtein: 3.6gg
Enjoy this microwave peanut butter fudge recipe!