Making scrambled eggs in a microwave requires very little effort, it can be made in minutes and added to any of your favorite meals. If you follow some simple tips, microwaving fluffy scrambled egg is effortless.
How do you make fluffy scrambled eggs in the microwave? Vigorously whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl, then pour into a microwave safe bowl greased with butter or oil. Cover the bowl with a paper towel, then nuke for 30 seconds. Fluff the eggs with a fork, then continue microwaving for 10 second increments until done.
Microwaving eggs is one of the simplest and most comforting dishes that you can quickly learn to make. They are a rich source of choline, protein, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, and folate.
Doing it right is the key to get fluffy ones. Let’s take a look at some aspects to making foolproof fluffy scrambled eggs in the microwave.
Can you microwave fluffy scrambled egg?
Yes, you can make fluffy scrambled eggs in the microwave. Cooking technique is important to make the scrambled eggs fluffy. The eggs must be whipped to an airy consistency before microwaving.
There are a few key points for making the scrambled eggs fluffy in the microwave. Keep the number of eggs to a minimum, whisk until the eggs are airy and whip just before microwaving.
Let’s discuss the importance of each step in the technique.
Taking one egg at a time
This is suggested for even cooking as too many eggs can result in uneven and soggy eggs. If the dish is overcrowded, then the eggs will become dry and dense instead of being light and airy.
For best results, stick to one or two eggs at a time. This will make the cooking process more even, while also allowing the eggs to set firm to suspend the trapped air..
The eggs need to set before the internal portions can be cooked. Once the surface level sets, then it traps air and moisture inside the center which helps to make the eggs fluffy.
Whisk the eggs sufficiently
Give the of eggs sufficient whisking. A thorough whisking will ensure in getting fluffy and soft scrambled eggs to feast on.
Use a bowl that comfortably fits the eggs and allows you to wipe with a whisk. The eggs need to be whipped with robust frequency so that the fat can be suspended inside the water molecules while also trapping air.
Too little whisking makes the egg yolk and egg white remain together and not blended appropriately. The result is uneven and clumpy scrambled eggs.
Vigorous whisking enables air to become suspended in-between the fat and water molecules. The trapped air makes the scrambled eggs fluffy.
Whisking the egg quickly is not recommended
For a quick meal, you tend to rush and whisk up the eggs quickly. However, the eggs should not be tackled before it’s time to cook.
It is also essential to understand why whisking is done in the first place before you can fully comprehend why it is best to leave whisking until the last minute.
Whisking blends the yolk and egg white and introduces air within the egg mixture. If you let the eggs sit after thorough whisking, this air can be lost, making the eggs deflated.
Yes, you can microwave fluffy scrambled eggs with proper whisking. Too little or too much whisking will spoil the recipe, hence it’s important to whisk at the right time to obtain fluffy scrambled eggs.
Is it safe to eat scrambled eggs cooked in the microwave?
Yes, it is safe to cook and to eat scrambled eggs cooked in the microwave. They taste better and require less cooking oil than stovetop scrambled eggs.
It is best to pierce the egg white and egg yolk a couple of times when making scrambled eggs in the microwave. The other method is to whisk the egg thoroughly to avoid any splatter while microwaving.
Follow these precautions:
- Use a microwave-safe bowl or container.
- Do not overheat as it can erupt the liquid due to trapped steam within the egg.
- Cover the container with a paper towel to avoid splattering and to release steam.
Are microwaved scrambled eggs healthy? Yes, they are healthy with appropriate cooking. The nutrition of the scrambled egg is not lost as the cooking doesn’t require very long. The eggs are digestible and nutritious, however it is easy to overcook in the microwave.
What makes eggs fluffy milk or water?
Eggs are made fluffy with water. But the trick is to splash water into the container in which you are going to crack the egg and whisk them both together.
Water will steam the egg mixture and make the scrambled eggs fluffier. Water doesn’t toughen up the eggs as milk does, instead it makes them lighter as it forms steam within the egg.
On the other hand, the addition of milk results in the egg taste fading away in the scrambled eggs and gives a rich, creamy and fatty flavor. The texture changes with the addition of milk, making the scrambled eggs rubbery or runny.
Lastly, you must avoid overcooking the scrambled mixture. This spoils the entire taste of scrambled eggs and can result in burnt eggs as well.
How long do you microwave fluffy scrambled eggs?
The entire preparation of microwave fluffy takes about 5 minutes with 2 minutes of preparation time, 2 minutes of cooking time and allow the eggs to rest for a minute after cooking.
Combine milk, eggs, salt and pepper in a safe microwave container. Blend the mixture and place it in the microwave. Heat it for about 45 seconds on high. Stir and microwave again for about 30-45 seconds until the eggs are set.
Can you reheat fluffy scrambled eggs in the microwave?
Yes, you can reheat eggs in the microwave. Reheating the fluffy scrambled eggs is the easier and quickest option in the microwave. It is perfect when you are craving for breakfast right away on the go.
Follow the below steps for reheating scrambled eggs in the microwave:
- Pour the scrambled eggs in a safe microwave container.
- Cover the container with a paper towel.
- Nuke the fluffy scrambled eggs for around 20 seconds.
- Eliminate the extra fluids that accumulate in the bottom of the container.
- Using a fork, stir them for even heating.
- Zap the scrambled eggs for another 10 seconds.
- Remove the bowl and release the cover. Now they are ready to eat.
Reheating scrambled eggs can be a bit challenging. There is a fine line between reheated and overcooked, and the results will not be the same as fresh cooked scrambled eggs.
Tips to Microwave Fluffy Scrambled Eggs
Time, temperature and technique are important to make fluffy scrambled eggs in the microwave. If the eggs are improperly whipped or have been overcooked, the results will not be soft and fluffy, and instead will be tough and rubbery.
Here are tips for microwaving fluffy scrambled eggs.
- Whisk the egg mixture until the egg yolk is broken totally and mixed with the egg white. The resulting mixture should be an even yellow color.
- Whisk the egg vigorously for about 30-40 seconds.
- Eggs must be whisked right before putting them in the microwave to ensure the air trapped within is not lost.
- For extra richness, you can add in small dollop of cottage cheese before whisking and heating in the microwave.
- Do not overcook the scrambled eggs as carryover cooking continues to heat the eggs and they become firm after being removed from the microwave.
- Cooking times have to be adjusted based on the microwave type and wattage, as microwaves vary in power levels.
Microwave fluffy scrambled eggs
Learn how to make fluffy scrambled eggs in the right way in a microwave. Following these tips, feast on the healthiest and fluffiest scrambled eggs for a kick of nutritious protein.
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water or milk (optional)
- 1 teaspoon butter or oil
- Butter or oil the inside of a microwave safe bowl.
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Add a splash of water or milk according to your preference.
- Whisk them until the egg mixture is a yellow tone.
- Pour the eggs into the greased and prepared microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave the mix for about 30 seconds on high.
- Fluff the eggs with a fork and check for doneness.
- If not done evenly, heat for another 10 seconds. Again check for doneness, and proceed with 10 second increments until the fluffy eggs are cooked to your desired internal temperature.
- Allow the eggs to rest for a minutes in the microwave to carryover cook.
- Now they are ready to eat. You can add herbs, cheese, hot sauce or ketchup and feast on the delicious meal prep.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 105Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 196mgSodium: 102mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 6g