Cooking isn’t always convenient, easy and simple. However, scrambled eggs in the microwave are one of the easiest recipes that you can make in just a couple minutes.
How do you make scrambled eggs in the microwave? Grease the surface of a microwave safe bowl or mug. Whisk the eggs until fluffy and foamy, then start cooking in the microwave immediately. Nuke for 15 seconds, gently stir with a fork, and continue heating. Use 15 seconds durations, stirring in between each timeframe and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until the eggs are firm and reached an internal temperature of 160 degree Fahrenheit.
Microwave scrambled eggs are cooked and ready to eat in just 2 minutes. If you have a hectic morning and need to attend an early morning meeting, then microwave eggs are a heathy recipe that will help you a lot.
This article includes cooking techniques and helpful tips to improve the results when microwaving scrambled eggs. A breakfast of champions will become that much easier to achieve!
Is microwaved scrambled eggs healthy?
Yes, microwave scrambled eggs are healthy to eat. Eggs are packed with omega-3 fats, protein and essential vitamins and minerals.
At the time of cooking in a microwave oven, eggs should not to be overcooked. In the microwave oven, you can maximize and maintain the nutritions of eggs by keeping the cooking time to a minimum.
We all know that a microwave oven can cook foods extremely quickly. So, the nutrients of the eggs will expose to the heat for less time. You can get as much as Vitamin C, B1, B2, B6 and folic acid in microwaved scrambled eggs.
The egg yolk contains most of the nutrients present in an egg, therefore it is important to avoid overcooking. So, the healthiest way to cook eggs in the microwave oven is scrambled eggs.
You can also boost up the overall nutrition of the scramble by adding spinach, bell peppers and broccoli. Get the best possible nutrients from microwave scrambled eggsby varying the mix-ins and toppings you include in the recipe.
Can you microwave scrambled eggs?
Yes, you can microwave scrambled eggs and it will minimize the tiresome work of cooking breakfast over a stovetop. In fact, there are multiple ways you can make scrambled eggs in the microwave oven with ease.
- To make a fluffy scrambled eggs in the microwave, you will need whip the eggs extra well. Water works better that milk when beating the eggs to a frothy and airy consistency.
- To make a scrambled eggs in a mug in the microwave, you will need to grease the inside of a microwave safe mug so that the eggs don’t stick to the surface. Beat the egg inside the mug just before microwaving.
- To make a scrambled eggs with butter in the microwave, you will need a microwave safe bowl and a pat of butter. Butter makes everything more delicious, so this is a classic preparation.
- To make a scrambled eggs without milk in the microwave, you will need a microwave safe bowl and oil. Make this recipe dairy free by using oil instead of butter to make the bowl nonstick.
- To make a scrambled eggs with water in the microwave, you will need a microwave safe bowl, water and nonstick spray. The bowl needs to be sprayed with the oil before whipping the egg with water.
For stovetop cooking, it can be very messy to cook a scrambled egg and you need a couple utensils to accomplish the task.
But in the microwave oven, do not need to use any cooking pans or fancy equipment other than a microwave-safe bowl or mug and a fork to beat the eggs. Therefore, it is very easy to cook scrambled eggs in the microwave oven in just a couple minutes.
Is it safe to eat microwaved scrambled eggs?
There are doubts about whether or not it is safe to eat microwaved scrambled eggs. Microwave scrambled eggs are safe to eat as long as you use microwave safe cookware and heat the eggs to an internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
If you ever tasted microwaved scrambled eggs, then you will not go back to the cooking hassle of the stovetop when you’re in need of a quick fix.
Above all, microwaved scrambled eggs are safe and healthy to eat. If you are a health conscious person, then you can put your worries aside and try microwaving scrambled eggs for yourself.
The nutritional value of scrambled egg while you cook this recipe in the microwave oven is actually higher than when cooked on top of the stove. Microwave cooking is safe and it can also save your valuable time. So, if you are in hurry then you should try this cooking technique.
How long do you microwave scrambled eggs?
As you can see, microwave scrambled eggs are one of the easiest and fastest recipes to have in your cooking arsenal. It will take about one and a half minutes to cook scrambled eggs in the microwave oven.
So, this particular recipe can save valuable time of yours and you can make this with little effort and less time as well. You just need to beat the eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a microwave-proof bowl or mug to blend the mixture properly.
Blending is one of the important steps to cooking scrambled eggs in the microwave. Whipped eggs cook faster, fluffier and more evenly, so you should not miss this step.
After that, put the dish in the microwave oven, set the power level on high and nuke for 45 seconds.
Check to see whether the eggs are set or not, give a quick stir and continue microwaving for 15 second intervals until the desired doneness is reached.
Be careful to not overcook the scrambled eggs. Remember that eggs will continue to carryover cook after removing them from the microwave oven.
Serve while hot as cold eggs and reheated eggs just do not taste the same as when they are fresh cooked.
Can you reheat scrambled eggs in the microwave?
Yes, you can reheat eggs in the microwave oven. Reheating scrambled eggs in the microwave oven is the safest, quickest and most effective option.
Here are the steps to reheat scrambled eggs in the microwave:
- For reheating purposes, you will have to pour the scrambled egg into the microwave-safe bowl.
- Put a lid over the bowl with a microwave cover, plastic wrap or paper towel, but you need to cover it loosely so that some steam can escape.
- Microwave it for 15 to 20 seconds, then get rid of any extra liquid from the bottom of the bowl and give the eggs a good stir.
- Zap the egg once more for 15 seconds and they should be ready to eat.
- According to the USDA, reheated eggs must be cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degree Fahrenheit.
Tips to Microwave Scrambled Eggs
Microwave cooking can be delicate and precise, as is when cooking scrambled eggs. Because of their high fat and water content, eggs cook relatively quickly.
Here are some useful tips to safely microwave scrambled eggs:
- Grease the surface of a microwave safe bowl or coffee mug.
- Whip the eggs with milk or water, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add your favorite mix-ins if you want.
- But you will have to blend it properly. Otherwise, the egg yolk will burst. So, you need to be careful.
- Whisk the eggs just before microwaving so that they stay fluffy and airy. If they sit too long, the air pockets will deflate.
- Microwave the mixture just for 45 seconds.
- Stir the eggs gently, and continue cooking until the eggs are firm and have reached an internal temperature of 160 degree Fahrenheit.
- Serve while the scramble is still hot.
These are the steps recommended to follow while cooking scrambled eggs in a microwave oven.